Wednesday, December 12, 2018

ANTINOUS GUADALUPE
AND THE MIRACLE OF THE PINK LOTUSES


THE Day of the Virgin of Guadalupe (Día de la Virgen de Guadalupe) is a Catholic feast that celebrates the belief that a man encountered the Virgin Mary, Mexico's patron saint, in Mexico City on December 9 and 12, 1531.

It was said that she was the reincarnation of the Aztec goddess Tonantzin.

Born on the banks of the Rio Grande between the US and Mexico, Antonius Subia was inspired to paint this portrait of Antinous as Guadalupe. 

Antonius says:

I told them I had seen Antinous on the hilltop but they didn't believe me, something about drugs and alcohol and that I am a Mexican, and must be delusional.

So I let my poncho unfold and pink lotus flowers fell to the floor and behold there was a miraculous image of ANTINOUS on my poncho, by no means painted by human hands!

"Rebuild my Temple, Antonyus," he said to me in Nahuatl.

~ANTONIUS SUBIA

No comments:

Post a Comment