Thursday, September 24, 2015

AS IN ANCIENT TIMES
AN ANTINOUS COIN BRINGS JOY


IN ancient times, coins minted with the image of Antinous were highly prized as amulets and talismans by worshipers.

ANTONIUS SUBIA shares these photos of a new/old coin which has brought similar joy to him.

Antonius says: "This arrived today, like an omen of a new day dawning...the most beautiful and dramatic Antinous coin I own at this point in my life. 

"He is so heavy and thick and giant ... made of shiny new copper, a copy of a Real Antinous coin, not the work of a modern artist, which is why he is so stunning! 

"I cant wait to see how the copper ages over time.

"It came from Paris and was wrapped in a card with a picture of Napoleon!!! (Whom I Love, how could it get any better!)

"This is the most magnificent Antinous coin I have ever held in my hand...he has brought a new hope and power into my life. It is a sign of great and wonderful things to come! Antinous has arrived!"

No comments:

Post a Comment